What is compulsive gambling?
Compulsive gambling is a prgressive illness. People who have this illness may look normal. However, when untreated, the illness can progress untill it destroys you personally and financially. It can devastate your family, friends, and affect all who you know you.
How to get help?
Only you know if you are a compulsive gambler. If so, you are not morally weak. You have an illness, one that can be treated if you are willing . Compulsive gambling can be a matter of life or death. If you want to stop gambling, help is available here at Perris Valley Recovery Progams.
Do you have a gambling problem?
To find out, answer these questions with a simple yes or no. If you are confused or not sure, the answer is probably "yes"
1) Do you use gambling as a way to escape problems or relieve depression?
2) Do you feel unable to stop playing, regardless of winnin or losing?
3) Are you betting more than you intended to?
4) Do you feel restless or irritable when attempting to cut down or stop gambling?
5) Have you lost or jeopardized important relationships due to gambling?
6) Have you borrowed money from others in order to relieve a financial problem that arose due to gambling?
Whats your score?
If you ansered "yes" to one or more of the above, you are probably in trouble with gambling. Be honest with yourself. It takes courage to face the fact that you may be addicted to gambling.